Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hey!


Hey there everyone!  My name is Alyssa, I turn 16 in April & am a junior in highschool.  I came across Kody this morning & he absolutely stole my heart!  So I decided I had to make an effort at finding this ham a family!  Kody was born in '08 which makes him about 4 years old. I will copy & paste his Reece's Rainbow profile in a moment.  But for now I will say that, I am going to try my hardest to raise money & find a family for Kody! If you or someone you know is looking to adopt a little boy with special needs Kody would make a GREAT son! *wink wink* ;) I hope that you guys will follow me on this journey & show some support! :D Thanks!


"DOB: 2008
Diagnosis: developmental delays
Kody was born premature at 27 weeks gestation. His birth mother smoked during the pregnancy and her amniotic sac ruptured 3 days before delivery. He was breech and delivered via C-section in poor condition and weighing just 2 pounds. Many of his delays are consistent with a child born at this early gestational age.

Today, Kody is healthy, though he has occasional respiratory infections. He’s had eye surgery for strabismus. His motor skills have been delayed as a result of being premature, but he is now walking well independently. He reaches for objects, tracks them with his eyes and has good visual motor skills. He picks up objects and studies them intently. If he is unfamiliar with an item/toy, he will shake it, turn it and check it out in detail to attempt to figure out what it does. He is using combinations of sounds and putting syllables together to make simple words. He does not have any true purposeful speech yet , which is a source of frustration for him when he’s trying to communicate his wants/needs. Sometimes he gets upset and other times, he just shuts down and won’t communicate at all. He enjoys interacting with adults and laughs loudly when being played with. He has a good attention span and will focus on the adult interacting with him or what he’s playing with. He initiates games with adults. He drinks from a cup unassisted and eats with a spoon. He has difficulty with chewing. He has a 1:1 caregiver that spends time with him daily."


No comments:

Post a Comment